Published February 15, 2015
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
2 chicken breasts
1 red onion
1 medium Haas avocado
10 sweet grape tomatoes
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoon sugar
1. Core, slice and peel avocado. Chop lettuce. Cut tomatoes into halves.
2. Peel and slice onion. Caramelize onion in a skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of sugar to onion while caramelizing. Place onion aside.
3. Cook chicken in skillet over medium to medium high heat with one tablespoon of olive oil. (Optional: season chicken with any rubs or spices that you would like.)
4. Make dressing: In skillet over medium heat combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and two tablespoons sugar until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat, allow to cool approx 2 minutes. Stir balsamic vinegar into oil / sugar until blended.
5. Prepare cooked chicken by slicing into strips diagonally with the grain of the flesh.
6. Combine lettuce, tomato, onions, and chicken in bowl. Apply dressing. Lay avocado slices on top in spiral pattern.
NOTE: This recipe makes TWO servings, but I was hungry, so I ate it all as one.
Be First to Comment